Lock or unlock objects or layers
Locking objects prevents you from selecting and editing them. You can quickly lock widgets on the Creator Studio Editor canvas to help when editing and moving content.
- To lock widgets, click the widget itself. Notice the column on the right side of the editor display a new menu, ‘Widget Layer Order’. Open this accordion.
- You’ll notice a lock or unlock icon (depending on status).
- To lock the widget, click the unlocked icon; you’ll notice it changes from an open lock to a closed lock.
- To unlock a widget, click the locked icon; you’ll notice it changes from a closed lock to an open lock.
Note: Widgets can be unlocked only from the ‘Widget Layer Order’ Panel.
Hide or show widgets
Choose from the following methods:
- In the ‘Widget Layer Order’ Panel, click the eye icon next to the widget you want to hide. Click again to redisplay the widget.
- If you hide a group, all widgets in the group are hidden.
- Drag across multiple widgets to hide multiple widgets.
- When the widget is hidden, you will not be able to select it on the canvas. To unhide (show) a widget, go back to the ‘Widget Layer Order’ and unhide the widget
- Hidden widgets will still show in your Experience when it is published to your site. The "hiding" is just for editing in Creator Studio purposes only
In the ‘Widget Layer Order’ Panel you’ll notice the ability to drag-and-drop widgets up and down a list. This list represents the various layers, or order in which the widgets appear. To change the position of one widget select the widget name from the list and drag it up or down the list. This will adjust the position of the widget and ultimately the layer it appears on within the canvas.
Have more questions? Submit a request