This article is referencing an outdated feature on our end. If you have questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
This widget allows easy linking of Salesforce Commerce Cloud products from within the Creator Studio platform. You can:
- Search for a specific product in your Salesforce Commerce Cloud product library across all your Salesforce Commerce Cloud sites.
- Filter product information so that it can be displayed in Creator Studio.
- Open a Product QuickView for a specific product.
This article is divided into two parts: the first is how to set up the integration between your Salesforce Commerce Cloud product library and Creator Studio. The second focuses on how to use the widget in Creator Studio.
Note: The Salesforce Commerce Cloud functionality is not enabled by default, it is available on request by emailing email@example.com or speaking with your Customer Success Manager.
Do I need to install the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Cartridge?
This depends on your current setup.
Check the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Creator Studio Cartridge article for more details.
Salesforce Commerce Cloud Setup
IMPORTANT: The below setup requires a "SiteGenesis" site being present in the list of Salesforce Commerce Cloud sites under Administration-> Manage Sites, and a proper configuration with client ID under the Administrtation -> Open OCAPI Settings.
In order to use the widget, we first need to establish communication between your Salesforce Commerce Cloud account and the Creator Studio platform. To begin with, go to the settings menu in the top-right corner of Creator Studio and select "Set Up Integrations":
Once the integration has been enabled in Creator Studio, you can start setting up the integration with your Salesforce Commerce Cloud product database.
This configuration page includes two sections, one for the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Product Widget and another for the Salesforce Commerce Cloud QuickView Action. In this article, we will focus on the first section (for more information on the QuickView Action, see here).
The following helps you find out the above information in order to get your products in the Creator Studio editor.
- Insert your Salesforce Commerce Cloud URL, found under the whitelist for host names in Business Manager (Administration -> Sites -> Manage Sites -> "Business Manager" link in the left-lower corner -> Hostnames). There you can find or specify all host name aliases for specific sites, uses to access Data and Shop API.
- Insert Salesforce Commerce Cloud Client ID, your unique ID used to connect with your product library, found on your Salesforce Commerce Cloud admin panel under Administration -> Open Commerce API Settings. Alternatively you could get one from https://account.demandware.com/. IMPORTANT: This needs to be available for all the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Sites you wish to integrate with.
- Insert one or more Salesforce Commerce Cloud site IDs. If nothing is specified, Creator Studio will try to connect to the default "SiteGenesis" site, otherwise you can find the site IDs you want to connect to in Business Manager (Administration -> Sites -> Manage Sites, ID column on Storefront Sites table). If other site than SiteGenesis are specified, you need to specify SiteGenesis in the list.
- Select the context of the site where you want to use Creator Studio, add "http://creator.zmags.com" and "https://creator.zmags.com" to the list of allowed_origins in the JSON configuration and click 'Save'. Make sure that the "/product_search" resource endpoint is available. Copy the Client ID and return to Creator Studio.
Once the above steps have been performed, fill in the information in "Set Up Integrations" page and click the Save button. The configuration will be saved and the widget will then be ready for use and connect to multiple Salesforce Commerce Cloud sites.
How to use the Product Widget
In the Creator Studio Experience editor, drag the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Product widget onto the scene. A light-green clickable container will appear.
In the widget properties to the right, you can search for any product in the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Site specified in the dropdown, by searching for a string or product ID.
The product list includes name, manufacturer, product ID, and price metadata. This can also be filtered for more or less information. Once a specific product is selected, the link will open the appropriate QuickView and show some product information on top of the link in the scene.
How can I delete a Site from the Site List?
If you wish to delete one or more sites from the site list in the Salesforce Commerce Cloud Integration page, please contact Support.
Where can I preview the QuickView launch?
You can preview your QuickView by using Drag and Drop Publishing. Unfortunately, they will not work in the normal experience preview, because the Salesforce Commerce Cloud QuickView function is defined in the context of your site, and is not present on the Creator Studio platform itself. As such, you will need to preview the experience on your own domain to see the QuickView function correctly.
Are any analytics events being captured?
Yes, we track a "Product Viewed" event when the product link is clicked, it is sent in the following format: "demandware-<PRODUCT_ID>". This is event is the same as the one used by the Salesforce Commerce Cloud QuickView Action.