In many use cases it can be valuable to add an Overlay to your canvas. Having an overlay will allow you to have elements that don't move when changing between boards. This can be seen in the following example carousel. Notice how the arrows and top text all remain fixed in place as you navigate:
We can now add this feature to your account with the following steps:
- Contact email@example.com and ask for assistance with setting up the Overlay. This should be one simple step where our support team will add a bit of custom code to your account to enable the Overlay features. Once the support team has confirmed this is in your account, you can use the Overlay in all of your experiences.
- Create a group in your experience called "overlay" as shown here:
- There are three options for the types of widgets in your Overlay group:
- left - if you label the widget with the word "left", it will automatically be treated as a button to navigate scenes. This will include a slide left animation between scenes
- right - if you label the widget with the word "right", it will automatically be treated as a button to navigate scenes. This will include a slide right animation between scenes
- all other widgets - any other widgets (not labeled left or right) will be treated as a standard overlay element. In the example experience, you can see the "Overlay Example" text has this functionality.
One key feature is that this is only necessary on the first board. There is no need to create multiple arrows or text, so we are saving time here. You can see in this screenshot that the arrows and text are only present on the first board:
If you have any questions or issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org