ENHANCED ALT TEXT + HEADING TAG
- You will see a new Accessibility and SEO section under the Design Tab which allows you to add alt text to all Widgets. Now, you can even add alt text for Components, Groups, and Masks right inside the Editor itself.
- We moved the Heading Tag inside the Text sections. This means you can now assign H1-H6 tags while you’re assigning your fonts! Plus, you can set it up as a Typography once then instantly re-use it, saving yourself precious time and effort.
INCORPORATING THE LATEST PENPOT RELEASE
- We’ve incorporated the latest Penpot release, version 1.18.3, into our New Editor. That means we’ve squashed pesky bugs related to rulers and the page right-click options menu (complete list here)
- We cracked the code on a mapping issue that made Custom Fonts invisible in an Experience. If you would like to add any of your own Custom Fonts into your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the future, you will be able to upload your own fonts whenever you'd like, but for now, our team will manage this process for you.
- Paragraph Inconsistencies: Empty lines inside of Text Widgets caused them to appear incorrectly inside the Editor. This has been resolved and now paragraphs will render exactly as they appear inside the Editor.
- No background color for Boards: Any color apart from white was not shown as the Board’s background inside the Experience. This has been corrected.
- Slide Out Animations for Images: We were not supporting this animation as it would lead to an internal server error when used. This has been fixed and the animation is now supported!
- Internal Error while adding a Typography: We were experiencing an issue when trying to select fonts inside a Typography, but this should now be resolved.
We’ve been working tirelessly to bring you these exciting updates, bug fixes, and improvements. We’re beyond thrilled to present you with an Editor that’s more powerful, efficient, and downright fun to use! Stay tuned for even more mind-blowing updates on the horizon!